Friday 18 November 2016

Nerd Factory Update: Pirate Town

A little while ago we tried out the Carnivale rules with some pirate minis I had acquired, but my gaming group wasn't keen on the complexity for casual gaming (personally I think the rules are great; very cinematic and the best Assassin's Creed rules never made!)

This subsequently led to another mod of the Survival Horror Tabletop Game rules, and a number of new pirate related projects, first of which was Pirate Town!

Pirate Town taking shape

This is a 2 foot by 2 foot map based on a foam floor mat and trimmed to size (map tiles from the Heroic Maps Wardenhale Docks set).

The current centrepiece is the Hangman's Gallows set from TT Combat; I also have the Guillotine set so I can switch them out as the scenario may dictate. Very good quality, simple MDF kits.

The buildings are from the modular buildings range by Warbases; again, nice simple MDF sets with a lot of potential for mods. Rather than painting I finished these with printed wall textures I created and roof textures from one of the fantastic Dave Graffam sets.

A good general purpose skirmish board is the result! Looking forward to finishing the pirate crews and unleashing them upon it.

No comments:

Post a Comment